The Library of the Banco de Guatemala was founded in 1955. Its creation is due to the need to maintain and offer specialized information, initially for the Department of Economic Studies and later for the other users of the Institution. It began to operate with service to the public in January 1958. Currently it is located in the Annex II Building of the Banco de Guatemala, with working hours form 8:00 to 18:00 hours. The requirement to request service is by presenting a personal identification document.